Monday 5 April 2010

Whoopee!! its Easter!!


Jack Clayton


Terry Bave


Nick Baker


Mike Lacey


Jim Petrie



Robert Nixon


Terry Bave


Frank Mc Diarmid


Joe McCaffrey


Sid Burgon


Robert Nixon

Inspired by Lews blog on his Easter comic cover theme I'd thought I would just focus on one issue. Whoopee and Cheeky 1981.
This is how comics celebrated Easter and its great...whether its egg rolling, winning huge Easter eggs, Easter parades, Easter Fairs, Easter egg hunt,Going to the seaside and visiting Aunties recieving Easter presents. Also Easter bonnets are featured in the Cheeky story and of course the Baker boy is carrying hot cross buns!!
As you can see Easter can cover many topics..

Changed wording to my own thoughts-
The Beano and Dandy today should celebrate Easter more in there comics....
To give The Beano a little credit at least the Dennis story was on the topic of April Fools day..

http://lewstringer.blogspot.com/2010/04/easter-comics-of-past.html


In the issue was a toothpaste advert!!!...after all that chocolate me thinks...:)

1 comment:

Lew Stringer said...

"I agree with Lew The Beano and Dandy today should celebrate Easter more in there comics...."

That's not what I said Peter. What I actually said was it was a pity today's comics didn't feature Easter themes but I understood why they probably didn't.