Tuesday 29 January 2008

Whoopee!! number 1

This is my favourite IPC comic with many great characters. Here is the 1st issue and what a read 40 pages for 5p in 1974 (the year I was born!). The cover was unusual with the character Evil Eye written in bold (would it put off parents?) and Ad Lad. The comic was in the same shape as Cor!! Thin and many pages. You see the start of Bumpkin Billionaire's...Toy Boy which stay throughout Whoopee's run and beyond in Whizzer and chips. Whoopee!! lasted for 11 years...and I felt sad when it merged with Whizzer and chips in 1985.

More to come...
























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

really good to see 'WHOOPEE!' again after all this time, PETER........'FRIGHTS of the ROUND TABLE' was beautifully drawn----I forgot all about the skull ring til you mentioned it here----70s comics definately had a lot more care and skill put into them.......

I SPY SHHH GUY.