Thursday 13 December 2012

75 years of The Dandy Desperate Dawg


The Dandy 6th October 1973

I remember as a kid I thought this strip was a bit of a cheek using Desperate Dan's title name...But it won me over and some nice George Martin art slapstick to enjoy.

It's funny seeing Desperate Dawg eating bones! in the second version he was less dog like...
what is nice about this strip is all the different type of dog face types used...


See this link below thanks to Digi for the heads up at comicsuk forum..

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/the-dandy-goes-digital-we-geek-off-with-morris-heggie-editor-of-the-dandy-from-1986-to-2006/

Lots of interesting news about scanning of comics...Tom Paterson coming out of retirement to draw for the digital Dandy...well worth a read..

Hopefully tonight I'll get my email from the Dandy sub so I can see Dandy number 1 online...

3 comments:

George Shiers said...

Nice to see - good artwork. And for once the other characters are actually dogs - not people as they usually are!

London Knight said...

Heh, remember D.Dawg from reading as a kid ( born 1971). Surprised it only ran 23 or so issues, according to ComicVine? Also it states Dawg was town Sheriff, but I'm pretty sure the Sheriff was actually a white older looking dog, with downward hanging ears, black hat & black vest? I've got a good memory but if anyone can clarify ?

Peter Gray said...

You are right Desperate Dawg had another run later on in The Dandy..more than 23 issues..
the sheriff description is correct..