Sunday 7 June 2009

Tom Paterson's Lil Imp and Kylie Phizzog The Dandy


The Dandy 19th May 1990. A kind of female Faceache.



The Dandy 5th March 1988.

Just love finding new Tom Paterson work..I put him up there with Leo Baxendale has my favourite.

UPDATE
http://www.comicsuk.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2800

Kashgar
As well as the 1990 Dandy Annual Tom Paterson's 'L'Il Imp' appeared in the Dandy comic Nos 2413 (20/2/88) - 2435 (23/7/88). thanks Kashgar for info..


As I've got most Dandys between 1988 and 1994 I thought I'd have a look for you and see what i could suss out about this Kylie Phizzog strip. This is by no means comprehensive, I don't have the time to look through all my comics, but from what I can see, she first appeared in Issue 2526 (Apr21,1990) in colour and she introduces herself, so I guess it's the first story. She appears in colour again in 2528 (may5,1990) and then the one you posted here. That appears to be it as the Laughing Planet starts (once again it's an introductory story) in issue 2538 (Jul14,1990) and I see no more sign of Kylie.

Hope that is of interest!

Regards,
Ross
thanks Ross


so not very long live strips..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funnily enough I was looking at the 'A Quarter Of' website at the weekend and at the top of their page was a great drawing by an artist who I remember from the Sweeney Toddler strips. Both were done by Tom Paterson right? - Dean.

Peter Gray said...

Very likely has Tom drew most of the Sweeny Toddlers...though Leo Baxendale did draw the first few in Shiver and Shake comic.

Peter Gray said...

Had a look at the website
https://www.aquarterof.co.uk/index.php
it is drawn by Colin Whittock (Lazy Bones artist)
It is of Sweeny's Dad and Henry dog.

Raven said...

Peter: "Very likely has Tom drew most of the Sweeny Toddlers...though Leo Baxendale did draw the first few in Shiver and Shake comic."

Leo B. stopped drawing Sweeney in May 1975, Peter, so that's all the Shiver and Shake ones, and about the first nine months of the Whoopee merger drawn - some full page, later half page - by him.